Mold spores are naturally present in our environment and can be found everywhere. They enter our living and working spaces through our clothing and ventilation. However, only particular climatic conditions like rain or winter can encourage mold growth in our houses, walls, or other objects.
Mold growth can be slowed by regularly monitoring relative humidity and room temperature with a thermo-hygrometer and targeted heating and ventilation. But for tough mold-infested areas, you have to contact professional mold remediation services Toronto. The experienced mold removal services Toronto will help you eliminate different kinds of mold, including black mold.
Factors that Favour Mold Growth
The temperature significantly impacts mold growth because it affects relative humidity. Aside from that, most mold thrives in a wide range of medium temperatures: black mold, for example, grows equally well at 6 degrees and 45 degrees. With the availability of favourable humidity levels, mold can overgrow.
Mold thrives at pH levels ranging from 2 to 11. As a result, these fungi are extremely resistant and can grow in both alkaline and acidic environments. A strong lime wash is an additional countermeasure in damp rooms.
Tips for Controlling Mold in Rainy Weather
During rain, it is impossible to eliminate all mold and mold spores in your home, but as they can’t thrive without moisture, reducing moisture is the most effective way to prevent or eliminate mold growth. If mold is already growing in your home, it is critical to clean it up and manage the source of the dampness. If you clean up the mold but don’t fix the underlying issue, the mold will most likely return.
The following are some tips for reducing moisture throughout the home in the rainy season, with specific recommendations for areas prone to dampness and mold growth:
- To reduce moisture in the air, use dehumidifiers and air conditioners, especially in hot and humid climates.
- If possible, keep indoor humidity below 60%. You can use a hygrometer, a low-cost instrument available at most hardware stores, to measure relative humidity.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the air conditioning drip pans. Check that drain lines are clear and flowing properly.
- Try to keep home warm during rain and cold weather. In cold temperatures, the air holds less moisture, encouraging mold growth.
- To reduce condensation, enable insulation on cold surfaces, such as floors, windows, and exterior walls.
- To reduce mold growth, dry the wet areas as soon as possible and fix leaks and seepage.
- If you have uneven land that slopes toward your house, it will cause water build-up and create a damp atmosphere that enables mold growth. Away the water from your home as soon as possible by levelling the ground and repairing broken gutters or drains.
- If you notice or suspect mold growth during rain, immediately spray 10% bleach solution over it. Simply mix one cup of bleach with nine cups of water and spread it over the affected area. Then, using a cloth, dry it. Repeat it twice to ensure mold spores do not survive. Also, keep the area dry at all times.
Best Mold Removal Services Toronto
Get in touch with Prime Home Services for the best mold remediation services in Toronto. Don’t worry about the mold remediation cost; we have years of experience in mold removal, providing you with affordable in-house mold inspection services along with mold removal.